Passionate about building relationships? Skilled at decision-making in fast-paced environments? Experienced in the machine-building industry? Tembo Paper is looking for you.
Who we are
Tembo is a fourth-generation, family-owned group of companies with headquarters in Kampen, the Netherlands. We specialise in building high-speed, high-precision manufacturing technologies to create sustainable products in fast-moving consumer markets. Since our early days, we’ve grown into an innovative and dynamic global group with over 1,200 people. And by investing in technology to truly make a difference, we remain committed to our customer performance while driving change and promoting sustainability at every turn. At Tembo Paper, we give our partners the tools and expertise to produce high-quality, sustainable paper straws. In this role, you’ll manage the program that’s making this possible.
What you’ll be doing
Our programme maintains and improves high-speed market penetration of Tembo Paper equipment. We help our global customers and partners produce straws in a way that supports environmental sustainability – from development and production to customer support and machine maintenance.
As Program Director, your job will be focused on achieving the program goals that will be set in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of Tembo Paper.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing:
- You’ll be responsible for coordinating participants, leading the team, and ensuring coherence between program activities.
- Together with your highly-skilled team, you’ll make important decisions on policy, planning, budgets, and strategy to build Tembo Paper’s supply chains.
- You’ll be working with senior stakeholders, and you’ll be focused on building and maintaining alliances and partnerships with the other businesses in Tembo Group.
- You’ll be responsible for meeting Tembo Paper’s overall goals in customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team performance.
- You’ll execute Stakeholder and Risk & Issue management reports to ensure optimal communication of issues and decisions made.
- You’ll be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of the program’s status to the management director and steering committee.
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a proactive program director who is good under pressure and who is able to stay calm in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment.
Are you the person we’re looking for? Here’s what you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, operations management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in project and/or program management (C+ IPMA level).
- Experience in the machine-building industry – preferably in an international context.
- Proven skills in stakeholder management and risk and issue management.
- Proven leadership and team-management skills.
- A thorough understanding of project management.
- An understanding of budgeting and general finance, including profit and loss, balance sheets, and cash-flow management.
- An ability to build consensus among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
What we can offer you
As Program Director, you’ll be in a versatile role with significant responsibility, a lot of independence, and plenty of room to make a difference. You’ll experience many of the benefits of working in a smaller organisation, too.
You’ll work in a dynamic, progressive, and well-regarded organisation that’s known for its professionalism, sustainability, and great secondary employment conditions. You’ll have the prospect of a permanent contract and a generous salary in line with your experience.