Are you interested in high-end technological design? Then we are interested in you!
Your ENGD position in a high-tech, family-owned company – be part of innovation!
At our headquarters in Kampen, we are offering a challenging position to EngD trainees as part of a two-year post-master's design program. The EngD Tembo Program is a unique educational program that will inspire professionals motivated by technology and innovation. This initiative focuses on your professional development, providing ample opportunities to broaden your knowledge and skills. You will gain an in-depth understanding of cutting-edge technologies while improving your teamwork, communication, and leadership abilities.
This 2-year post-MSc technological program offers a unique opportunity to specialize in technological design, with a strong emphasis on hands-on experience. The program will combine education at the highly regarded University of Twente with a practical design project at Tembo. The EngD program is part of a European Union Regional Development-funded project, which means that you will not only receive top-notch education and training, but also contribute to the advancement of innovation and sustainable development in Europe.
As a family business with 1,200 employees across the globe, we believe in our responsibility to our people, our planet, and the customers we serve. By helping our customers produce sustainable alternatives, we can enhance lives and leave a better world for future generations. This is more urgent than ever before: the world is changing fast and global brands need to adapt their product portfolio to meet consumer needs as well as new legislation on sustainability.
Visit our company website to learn more about us, our markets, our technology and our services.
Innovation is part of our DNA
At Tembo, pioneering and adapting to change are very familiar to us: Since our beginning in 1912, time has taught us many valuable lessons – about winning, losing and anticipating change. Over the years, our company has always been able to prepare for rapid changes on the road ahead and rise to the challenge of ‘the unknown’.
As innovation is in our DNA, we have developed our cross-over philosophy to design next-generation products, working closely with businesses, universities, and research centres around the world to combine the best knowledge, ideas and high-tech applications.
We combine this innovative spirit with our product and machine development, applying both hand-in-hand in a unique approach to deliver future-proof manufacturing technology, a deep understanding of products and materials, and ownership of production output. This provides our customers with a faster time to market and allows them to gain a competitive advantage.
The EngD program is a 2-year post-MSc technological program with a focus on technological design. The course combines an education at the University of Twente with a practical design project that will be carried out at Tembo. This program is part of a European Union Regional Development-funded project, in cooperation with other regional industrial and knowledge partners (University of Twente and Windesheim Applied University). The educational program will have an in-depth and knowledge-broadening character with ample opportunity for professional development, and will be tailored to the design project defined below.
As an EngD researcher at Tembo, your goal will be to design a decision-making support system for machine operators in order to support timely actions that result in improvements to the overall equipment efficiency. Major tasks involved in this project are:
o Develop understanding of the production process and its substages and evaluate the current sensor system.
o Design add-ons that are necessary for the monitoring of the process and acquiring valuable data required for decision making.
- Collecting and analyzing the data and making the corresponding predictive data-driven models for the process and its substages.
- Quantifying uncertainties in the system caused by variation of process variables, materials, sensory noise, and environmental conditions.
- Designing the automatic decision support system (by employing the artificial intelligence technologies).
We are looking for an excellent MSc graduate in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Data Engineering/Science or a related discipline who has a demonstrable affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments.
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- can work well in a team;
- has good communication skills;
- has a sound project approach;
- has a good command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken;
- has the ambition and talent to excel at finding solutions / creating designs for complex technological issues with a multidisciplinary character.
- Experience/knowledge of uncertainty analysis, data models, sensor technology, design of experiments are a plus.
- The project is linked to mass-production manufacturing, therefore a good grasp of mass-production processes is required;
What we offer
- A very challenging position and competitive salary in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment;
- A tailor-made post-master design program that has an educational component (50%) as well as a design project (50%);
- On successfully completing the EngD program, you will receive a certified and recognized degree. You will be entitled to use the academic degree EngD (Doctor of Engineering) and will be registered as a Technological Designer in the Dutch register kept by the Royal Netherlands Society of Engineers (KIVI);
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 3.5%;
- 27 leave days and an additional 13 ADV days in case of full-time employment.
Are you ready to join the leaders in innovation? Apply now for the EngD programme at Tembo and take the first step towards a fulfilling career!