THE POSITION: OPERATIONS/PROGRAM DIRECTOR
You will be part of the Tembo Paper business unit, a fast-growing, scale-up within the Tembo Group. During the past 2.5 years, the Tembo Paper organisation has developed from a start-up to a scale-up and is now at the beginning of the next phase of development. Accelerating, guiding and managing this growth trajectory is your main goal.
You will lead a team comprising of a Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager Installation, Commissioning & Service and a Lead Engineer.
The production capacity is supported by two sister companies, namely ITM and TDC. Together with the MDs of both companies, you will ensure business targets are met including the commissioning of the production lines.
Your main activities will be:
- Managing the day-to-day operational performance (both partners and internal business processes) ensuring both internal and client facing operations are delivered to a high standard.
- Scaling supply chain operations through multiple growth phases across multiple geographies, ensuring required capabilities (teams) are created as needed to deliver in each geographic area over time.
- Decision-making on policy, planning, budgets, and strategy to build Tembo Paper's supply chains.
- Supporting technology insertion into the proposal process of follow-on work including changes.
- Driving the deployment of improvements to the program in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, for example, improvements to product performance and cost.
- Building and maintaining alliances and partnerships with the other businesses in Tembo Group.
- Ensuring team ideas lead to successful product development initiatives.
- Determining the resources and team headcount required to deliver an effective roll-out.
- Meeting Tembo Paper's overall goals in customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team performance.
- Delivering program financial results in accordance with agreed KPIs and targets.
- Actively managing risk and opportunities to mitigate risk exposure and realise opportunities.
- Executing management reports to ensure optimal communication of issues and decisions made.
- Reporting of the program's status to the Tembo Paper’s MD and Group Board of Directors.
- Successful (international) senior operations/program management experience, preferably in the machine-building industry.
- Proven experience in project and/or program management. IPMA-qualification or similar is preferred.
- Experienced in guiding greenfield/brownfield production facilities is a plus.
- Track record in managing and growing multinational teams, establishing systems and KPIs, and driving both revenue and profitability.
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Combining strategic thinking with hands-on operational execution power.
- Knowledge of Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing. Certifications are a plus.
- An understanding of budgeting and general finance, including profit and loss, balance sheets, and cash-flow management.
- Can create a sense of urgency in driving projects and has a desire to set ambitious goals and work aggressively to meet project schedules, utilising the latest project management tools and techniques.
- Awareness of tactical demands from different group functions and well versed in (international) stakeholder management.
- Proficient in the English language. Good command of Dutch, German and/or Polish is beneficial.
- Willing to work at least three days per week from Tembo’s HQ in Kampen (NL) and travelling to other Tembo subsidiaries within Europe regularly.
At Tembo, we are familiar with pioneering and adapting to change: Since 1912, time has taught us many valuable lessons; lessons on winning, losing and anticipating. Over the years, our family company has always been able to prepare for the rapid change ahead, managing the challenge of “the unknown”.
As innovation is in our DNA, we have developed our cross-over philosophy to develop next generation products. Besides that, our product and machine development go hand-in-hand. With this unique approach, Tembo delivers future-proof manufacturing technology, a deep understanding of products and materials and ownership of production output. This provides our customers a faster time to market and gain a competitive advantage.
Key figures: 1200 employees | 100% family owned | established in 1912 | worldwide presence | 2000+ installations | 19 sites & offices.