Project: Data driven meta modeling of straw making process.
Duration: 6+ months
Application Deadline: December 2023
About the Project:
We are seeking highly motivated students from an applied university to join our dynamic team at Tembo in a project aimed at developing data driven meta models for paper straw making process. Tembo is a global leader in manufacturing technology with a strong commitment to sustainability and innovation for our partners. Paper straw is a step ahead in the mission of minimizing plastic usage. However, the sensitivity of paper towards environmental conditions, especially moisture, tends to induce instability in the manufacturing process leading to higher number of rejections. It is important to understand the influence of different process parameters in order to adapt the machine settings accordingly. This project aims to develop a data driven meta model for the straw making process which can predict the machine settings as per actual conditions in production. These predictions will be sued to assist the operator in adjusting the machine and reducing the number of rejections.
In short, as Internship student/Minor, you will:
- Testing & Data acquisition from the straw maker machine.
- Data quality & quantity assessment.
- Development of data driven meta model.
- Validation and testing of the model.
- Currently enrolled in Industrial automation & Robotics, Embedded & Wireless Systems or related program at an applied university or University.
- Strong background in data analytics & modeling
- Knowledge of Lean processes (Design of experiments) will be a plus.
- Experience with testing, PLCs and data acquisition.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the project and how your skills and background align with the project objectives.
- A current resume or CV.
- Any relevant certifications or portfolios.
Tembo is a fourth-generation, family-owned company with headquarters in Kampen, the Netherlands. With over 1,200 employees, Tembo has a global presence and is known for its innovation in manufacturing technology and sustainability. The company offers a range of services including on-site maintenance, relocation services, operator training, data monitoring, upgrades, and parts. Tembo is also committed to contributing to a better world by promoting sustainability and driving change.
This position is open to students currently enrolled in an applied university. The selected candidates will be expected to commit 40 hours per week for the duration of the project and will have the opportunity to work in an innovative, and inspiring environment at Tembo and Perron038.